VFDs are frequently used to control motors for:
- Pumps (centrifugal, positive displacement or slurry pumps)
- Mills, conveyors, kilns, extruders, lifts
Used in the following industries:
- Power generation e.g. induced draft fans, forced draft fans, condensate pumps, water supply pumps, etc.
- Metallurgy: dusting fans, furnace fans, oxygen-generators of steel production, etc.
- Oil & Gas, petroleum, petrochemistry: oil transfer pumps, compressors, pumps, etc.
- Mining: mortar pumps, fans, etc.
- Water and waste water: water supply pump, etc.
- HVAC: large air conditioning compressors.
- Cement plants.